- Autism Society of America: copy of E-mail newsletter
- Autism Society of America: national conference, St. Charles, Ill., July 22-25
- President Obama includes funding for autism in his FY 2010 budget proposal, via Autism Speaks - read more here
- Alabama Autism Task Force report, recommendations here.
- Agenda for Flutie Foundation for Autism conference April 7 in Norwood, Mass., read here.
- Easter Seals campaign: Urge Congress to support families living with autism today: read here.
- New from Newsweek: Autism: How Childhood Vaccines Became Villains
- Toronto Jewish community holds disability awareness and inclusion events.
- U.S. National Institute of Mental Health say stimulus spending to be guided by this strategic plan: read here.
- Autism Speaks calls for $200 million for National Institutes of Health autism funding from U.S. stimulus package
- RT @UKAF: The London Guardian recently featured the UK Autism Foundation.
- Nevada considers autism insurance bill, news item via KRNV.com
- Latest edition of Positively Autism newsletter with ABA-related articles.
- New Hampshire Walk for Autism has set up website for event Oct. 4, 2009
- From Change.org, college programs for autistic students
- Wrightslaw newsletter on special ed funding in federal stimulus package
- Autism insurance coverage advocates in Kansas continue to press case in state legislature
- Autism programs take a hit, Boston Globe article on special ed budgets
- Mass. events calendar for families with special needs kids
- A journey of love and discovery as sibling of an autistic sister, from Portland Oregonian newspaper
Saturday, February 28, 2009
Autism Readings, Resources from Around the Web
I found these articles, resources and related items of interest for families of kids with autism spectrum disorders. I have found the web application Twitter to be a useful way to share interesting items online (at a higher frequency rate than I recently have been able to post articles on this blog). Below are links to the items, which you can also find at Twitter.com/autismbulletin. Below is a sampling from the past two weeks: